Maryland Bass Lessons is run by Dave DeMarco - a career musician with over 17 years teaching experience and 20+ years of live performance and recording experience.
He accepts all levels of players - from beginner to working professional. Beginners will appreciate Dave's patient nature and laid-back approach while more advanced players will find plenty of eye-opening material to sink their teeth into.
Make no mistake - this is no "McLessons" shop! Rather than making you purchase expensive instructional books and then just walking you through them, Dave personally creates all course material and designs the lesson plans around your background, musical interests and goals. The result is lessons which are tailor made for you and designed to deliver the maximum bang for the buck. This approach ensures that you will not become overwhelmed with more information than you need. Still, you will have the opportunity to change gears at any point in the process, enabling you to ramp up or ramp down your current level of study.
Additionally, Dave offers Rhythm Section Studies where he teaches the subtleties and complexities of performing as part of a band's rhythm section. Dave will play drums while guiding you through various grooves as you play bass. This is ideal for those students with minimal or no experience playing in a live band or those looking to learn different genres of music.
Maryland Bass Lessons has two locations: SW Baltimore City (Orion Studios) and Silver Spring, MD. These days, more and more students are opting to take LIVE ONLINE lessons via Skype or FaceTime. The lessons look and function just like in-person lessons but offer these great benefits:
- Save time and money commuting to and from lessons.
- Never leave the privacy and comfort of your own home!
- No need to settle for local teachers who don't offer what you need.
- Ideal for players with transportation issues.
- No more missed lessons due to traffic or bad weather.
- Spend less time on the road and more time home!
You'll also enjoy these great features:
- Ability to access iTunes/YouTube to learn virtually any song, immediately.
- Instantly receive wav or mp3 files of licks, grooves, song parts and other exercises which are created live and emailed to you.
- Payments made via PayPal. No need to mail checks or deal with cash.
- Same personalized lesson format and individual attention of in-person lessons.
- FREE mini lesson so you can see for yourself how great LIVE ONLINE lessons are.
Ready to get started? Cool! You can send a message here on FB or fill out the form at www.MarylandBassLessons.com and Dave will contact you to answer any questions and talk about scheduling your first lesson.
Thanks for stopping by!
Dave DeMarco is the bassist for Crack The Sky, Johnny Chill and Several Species and the bassist/singer for the Dave DeMarco Band and the Regal Beagles. He is an alumnus of both the Berklee College of Music and Peabody Institute and has been offering private bass guitar instruction since 1996. He has played on and composed scores for HBO, Columbia/Tri-Star and Paramount Pictures as well as FOX TV's "Life on a Stick" series and "Point Pleasant" DVD. Dave also plays on the instructional CD series, "Turn It Up and Lay It Down, Vols. 2, 3 & 6". He appears on CDs with Larry Fast (Peter Gabriel), TM Stevens (Steve Vai), Frank Gambale (Return To Forever), Brett Garsed (Virgil Donati), Steve Hunt (Allan Holdsworth) and Chuck Bergereon (Buddy Rich). He currently performs over 200 shows a year with several bands in addition to maintaining a full teaching schedule and doing studio session work.
Maryland Bass Lessons - Baltimore/Silver Spring and online!